North Mymms Crest
The Parish Council uses the logo shown above. The design represents local features.
The top left hand quarter is the balloon of Vincenzo Lunardi who flew from the Artillery Grounds, Moorfields, London to Colliers End on 16 Sept. 1784. During this flight his balloon landed at what is known as Balloon Corner, being at the junction of Dellsome Lane and Parsonage Lane, Welham Green. His cat had become air-sick and was left with a local woman while he continued his flight. For more detail visit www.brookmans.com and search against Lunardi.
The top right hand quarter is a stag or hart representing Hertfordshire.
The bottom left hand quarter is Folly Arch, Hawkshead Road, Little Heath. It was built in 1740 to a design attributed to James Gibbs as a feature of the Gobions Estate. Click here for a picture of Folly Arch. For more detail visit www.brookmans.com and search against Folly Arch.
The bottom right hand quarter is the parish church of St Mary’s at North Mymms Park. The original church had a spire but this was removed in the 1900s. Click here for a picture taken about 1905 of the church showing the spire.
In the bottom section, the green triangle represents the Triangulation Point used by surveyors for accurate positioning.
The trees represent Gobions Wood, Brookmans Park. The wavy lines represent water. This could be a reference to the Three Valleys Water Co which has a pumping station on Warrengate Road, North Mymms, or maybe the lake at Gobions?.